god i miss tomatoes...

* god i miss tomatoes already *

Monday, March 22, 2010

what's for breakfast?

1) Sunday Brunch

I bought some buttermilk at Marlow and Daughters awhile back, and googled until I found the perfect recipe for buttermilk scones. We had a brunch at our place a few weeks ago that was "breakfast smorgasbord" themed, and included tangerine mimosas, breakfast sausages, buttermilk scones with jam, minted fruit salad, and two types of deviled eggs!














Madison has a cookbook that is exclusively deviled egg recipes, by the way. (also, our hash browns ended up an epic fail for some reason, so I'm not going to talk about them because it makes me depressed.)

2) Buckwheat Buttermilk-Ricotta Pancakes with Ginger-infused Maple Syrup

My sister Kate, another redhead who's gotta eat, came in town to visit me for my birthday. We were hungry, and I had some buttermilk left, so we made pancakes. I had some organic
buckwheat pancake mix in the pantry, so we just jazzed it up with ricotta (made in Brooklyn from New York State milk!) and used buttermilk instead of water or regular milk. We heated some local maple syrup with some sliced ginger to sweeten the deal. Oh yeah, we also cooked Marlow and Daughters breakfast sausages.















Good god, did these end up tasty. So perfect and fluffy were they, in fact, that Kate made me get a "cross-section" photo to post here.

1 comment: