god i miss tomatoes...

* god i miss tomatoes already *

Thursday, April 8, 2010

orecchiette with pork sausage, mustard greens, and parmiggiano

I did my week's worth of local grocery shopping at Marlow and Daughters on Monday, and Fiona and Brett happened to be having lunch at Miss Favela nearby, so they picked me up in the Brettmobile and we went to Cafe Grumpy to get a Flat White. This was my first Flat White, and the reason I am being so meticulous about capitalizing it is that it was wonderful.

Apparently, this is just how coffee is in New Zealand. And New Zealand, as far as I can tell, is a magical land where ponies run wild in the mountains, wine flows freely and delectably, they play good music on the radio, eating local foods is common, healthcare is nationalized and effective, and coffee is made with a big foamy layer of milk on top that is so rich and thick that when you put sugar in it you really have to stir it in cuz that shit's not sinking to the bottom.Later we picked Madison up and headed back to 28 Lawton where we wrote 2 new songs, making that 7 SONGS IN 7 DAYS. I also used some of my newly acquired local fare to cook dinner for the band, and was thereby appointed lead singer AND chef of Cybelle Blood. I browned some pork sausage, finished cooking it in my homemade chicken stock, and added it to some handmade orecchiette (sold in bulk! i'm in love) and stirred in a bunch of parmiggiano and some mustard greens left over from vegan brunch. A little bit of black pepper to finish was the only seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment